Jo Anne E. Sirgado plays a key role in advising financial institutions in the complex world of domestic and international financings. Jo Anne is well-known for her passion and skill in the energy sector and enjoys helping her clients navigate this exciting but also continually changing industry.
She is widely known for her extensive finance experience representing equity investors and lenders in domestic and international financings, including project finance, limited recourse and other structured financings, acquisition financings, asset based lending, partnership flip and lease financing.
Her sought-after blend of energy experience includes financing and restructuring residential and commercial renewable energy assets as well as conventional power and energy transportation and infrastructure projects.
She also has specialty experience in the financing of mining assets, aircraft, vessels, rolling stock, rail infrastructure, and a number of other asset classes.
- Represented lender in its financing of a lead provider of renewable energy projects, with such financing secured by debt receivables from underlying wind and solar projects.
- Represented lender in its financing of a lead residential solar developer, with such financing secured by cashflows generated by a pool of residential solar projects.
- Represented lenders in construction and take-out financing of utility scale solar facilities.
- Represented equity investors in renewable energy projects qualifying for tax credits.
- Represented lenders in connection with the development and financing of energy savings programs and equipment.
- Represented the lead bank in the development, financing and syndication of 200+ US solar facilities.
- Represented investors in the financings of conventional electric generating plants in US, Europe and South Africa, including coal and gas.
- Represented tax equity investor in its financing of a waste-to-energy biogas facility.
- Represented lenders in project financing mining assets, including gold and copper, in Latin America.
- Represented investors in connection with the financing of geothermal facilities.
- Represented lender in connection with the acquisition financing of landfill gas projects.
- Represented equity investors in the acquisition and disposition of portfolio investments, including energy, infrastructure and transportation assets.
- Represented lenders in financing heat recovery generators for portfolio of power plants.
- Represented US banks and other financial institutions in connection with restructuring lease financing transactions.
- Represented investors in the financings of rail infrastructure systems, including high speed lines and city rail systems.
- Represented lenders in the financing of electric and gas distribution systems.
- Represented investors in aircraft financings involving private and public debt structures, including 144A offerings and enhanced equipment trust certificates.
- Represented lessees and investors in the financings of rolling stock in the US and Europe.
- Represented investors in connection with the development and financing of commercial buildings in the US and Europe and the financing of manufacturing facilities in the US and Mexico.
- JD, Pace University School of Law, honors scholarship, 1990
- BA, Villa Maria College, magna cum laude, 1982
- New York
- Member, American College of Investment Counsel
- Member, Business Law Group for American Bar Association
- Member, Financing Working Group for Solar Energy Industries Association
Rate : $$$$