Jo Theisen received her Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law where she was on the Dean’s List and was a teaching assistant for Appellate Practice. During law school, Jo worked as a law clerk at the Willoughby Municipal Court in Willoughby, Ohio and was a judicial extern for Magistrate Judge Limbert, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio in Youngstown, Ohio. Jo graduated summa cum laude from Mercyhurst College with a double major in Dance and World Languages and Cultures.
Jo focuses her practice in the area of family law. She is a trained family law mediator and collaborative law practitioner. She is admitted to practice before the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for Western District of Pennsylvania. Prior to forming Amicangelo & Theisen, LLC, Jo was an associate at an established law firm in Erie, Pennsylvania where she practiced family and collaborative law.
In addition to her legal career, Jo continues to pursue her lifelong passion for dance. Jo has danced professionally with Ballet Theatre of Ohio and the Albany Berkshire Ballet. Presently, Jo dances with two local modern dance companies and serves as board president for two local non-profit dance organizations.
Jo approaches each of her family law clients with the utmost respect and sensitivity. She understands the difficulty and stress that family law conflicts can bring to people and works diligently to help individuals find appropriate resolutions.
- Mercyhurst University – B.A., summa cum laude
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law – Juris Doctor
Admissions and Professional Associations:
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- All Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Erie County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates – Zone 7 Delegate
- Collaborative Professionals of Northwest Pennsylvania
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Rate : $$$