Joan Rabutaso Camagong represents clients against product liability and consumer protection claims in individual, class action and mass action contexts. She has represented clients in both federal and state courts as well as in MDLs and state court coordinated proceedings.
Joan has also represented clients in breach of contract, trade secret and antitrust disputes. Her experience includes all phases of litigation including initial case evaluations, managing discovery, drafting and arguing dispositive motions, taking depositions, corporate and expert witness development, pretrial motion practice, settlement negotiations and trial.
She is also a member of the Eastern District of California’s Pro Bono Panel in which she has represented clients alleging Eighth Amendment violations under 28 U.S.C. § 1983.
- J.D., cum laude, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2012
- Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal, Staff Editor
- Extern for The Hon. Susan Illston, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Legal Intern for the City and County of San Francisco, Office of the City Attorney
- Witkin and CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (Business Associations and Federal Securities; Legal Ethics; Legal History of Immigrants)
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2006 (Economics)
- Provost’s Honors List
- Intern, U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- American Bar Association
- TIPS Product Liability Committee, Vice-Chair
- TIPS Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Bioscience Committee, Vice-Chair
- Asian American Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Filipino Bar Association of Northern California
Rate : $$$