Joan H. Story is Of Counsel in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in Sheppard Mullin’s San Francisco office and formerly a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Ms. Story’s practice emphasizes real estate investment, financing and leasing transactions. Her clients include developers, institutional and foreign investors, corporate real estate users, pension funds and pension fund advisors and lenders.
Her experience encompasses land acquisition and development, construction, permanent and tax-exempt financings, joint venture and limited liability entity formation, acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, leasing and other portfolio management issues, as well as loan and partnership workouts. She has developed a particular expertise in the hospitality and senior housing areas and in the structuring of Islamic investment in US real estate.
Ms. Story’s clients include DHL Express, for whom she handles leasing, facilities development and related financing matters throughout the United States; the San Francisco Transbay Transit Center in connection with facilities management and leasing of retail, restaurant and entertainment spaces at the Center; MacArthur Transit Community Partners, the developer of a 624 residential unit transit village; and Chevalier International Holdings, Ltd. in connection with its investment in senior assisted living facilities and medical office buildings throughout the United States.
- J.D., University of California, Davis, 1977
- M.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1967
- B.A., Occidental College, 1965
Admissions : California
- President, Port of Oakland Board of Port Commissioners
- Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Member, Lambda Alpha, the honorary land economics society
- Formerly Member, Real Estate Law Advisory Committee, Practicing Law Institute
- Formerly Member, Advisory Board, California Real Property Journal
Rate : $$$$