Joann Sharp has been litigating for several decades and has tried cases throughout the country in both State and Federal Court. After having practiced corporate litigation for a number of years, she felt she was in a position to follow her bliss and joined Meriwether & Tharp in June 2013 where she is an equity partner. She attended Emory University for her BA, Auburn University at Montgomery for her Master’s in Liberal Arts, and law school at the University of South Carolina.
Joann often describes being in court and working on appeals as her chocolate. She has been involved in several high profile cases and cases on first impression that have been written about in The Los Angeles Times, The National Law Journal, The New York Times Magazine, Correctional Mental Health Report, and the Fulton County Daily Report and has over a dozen published appellate opinions. Joann’s practice is now completely focused on appeals.
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, Bachelor of Arts, 1989
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, J.D., 1998
- State Bar of Georgia, Member (1999 through present)
- State Bar of South Carolina, Member (1998 through present)
- State Bar of Tennessee, Member (2012 through present)
Rate : $$$