Joanna D. Buchanico provides legal counsel to insurance carriers throughout the country as well as a variety of self-insured clients, including international hotels and beverage companies, restaurant and retail chains, and large construction and trucking companies.
As a member of the Casualty Department, she handles a variety of litigation matters, including premises liability, construction liability, automobile liability and product liability A significant number of Joanna’s cases involve plaintiffs with catastrophic injuries.
Joanna successfully defends clients at arbitrations, jury trials and mediations throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Prior to joining Marshall Dennehey, Joanna specialized in large, notable antitrust class action and securities cases involving price-fixing and monopolization.
Joanna received her juris doctor from Temple University School of Law’s Evening Division while working full time as a litigation paralegal. At Temple, Joanna participated in the school’s renowned Integrated Trial Advocacy Program, where she participated, and won, a mock trial. Prior to graduation, Joanna served as a judicial clerk in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
Joanna is licensed in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey State Bars as well as the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey. She also regularly serves as an arbitrator in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Compulsory Arbitration Program.
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Widener University (B.A., cum laude, 1999)
- Pennsylvania, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2018
Associations & Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Justinian Society
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Women in the Profession Committee and Young Lawyers Division
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division 2016 Board Observer – Friends of Chester A. Arthur School
Rate : $$$$