Joanna Garcia obtained a Juris Doctor and Masters in Business Administration from Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida in 2000. Upon graduation, she served as a Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Mary S. Scriven in the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. As Of Counsel for the Stockham Law Group, Joanna represents homeowners and business owners in property damage insurance litigation claims.
Before joining Stockham Law Group, Joanna worked as a complex business litigation attorney for Carlton Fields, P.A. in Tampa, where she had been a Shareholder since 2008 before starting her own firm, The Law Office of Joanna Garcia Parkin PLLC.
She has defended numerous large and mid-sized corporations and businesses, including some of the largest insurance companies in the country.
Joanna was born on St. Croix in the United Stated Virgin Islands and is fluent in Spanish.
- Stetson University College of Law – Gulfport, FL Dual J.D./M.B.A., 2000
- American International College – Springfield, MA B.A. (May 1996)
- The Florida Bar (Member; Former Chair/Education Committee of The Equal Opportunity Law Section; CLE Committee Member; Special Committee on Diversity and Inclusion member)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association (former Business Law Section Ambassador)
- The Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association (President 2008-2010)
Rate : $$$$