Joanna Boisen is chair of the firm’s Nonprofit & Tax-Exempt Organizations group and focuses her practice on the unique issues facing these organizations, including qualification for tax exemption, maintaining tax-exempt status and navigating board governance issues. Her clients include family and corporate private foundations, community foundations and social service and arts organizations.
Joanna also directs the firm’s nationally recognized and award-winning Pro Bono Practice, which she founded in 2005. She manages Foster Pepper’s wide-ranging pro bono cases and projects and is responsible for the firm’s corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of Washington, 2002
- Washington, 2006
- U.S. District Court
- 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- Foster Pepper Summer Associate Recruiting Committee, Chair
- Campaign for Equal Justice, Board of Directors, Vice President
- Seattle University Law School Law Alumni Board
- United Way of King County, Legal Steering Committee, Member
Rate : $$$