Joanna Heiberg Sutton’s practice is focused on M&A, corporate governance, and general corporate matters. She advises public and private companies on domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures of all sizes as well as takeover preparedness, shareholder activism, and board self-assessments.
Joanna has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including food, energy, textiles, chemicals, and technology. Her representative clients in recent matters include The Adecco Group, ADVA Optical Networking, Digital Management, Flowers Foods, GRA Venture Fund, Milliken & Company, Roper Technologies, and The Southern Company.
Joanna also advises early and growth stage companies on formation, equity and debt financings, and general corporate matters. Joanna is a member of the Washington and Lee Law Young Alumni Council and serves on the committee of Midtown Atlanta Young Life.
- Washington and Lee University (J.D. magna cum laude 2013; Order of the Coif; Senior Articles Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review); University of Florida (M.A. 2010; B.S. 2009)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Extern to the Honorable William F. Stone Jr.,
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court,
- Western District of Virginia (Fall 2012)
- Foreign investors initiate civil and criminal actions following multi-million embezzlement scheme
- Flowers Foods to acquire Canyon Bakehouse for $205 million
- Axion BioSystems raises capital in Series A round
- Emrgy raises additional capital in private placement of Convertible Notes
- ArunA Biomedical issues $5.3 million of Common Stock in Reg D offering
- Southern Company sells Pivotal Home Solutions to American Water Works Company, Inc. for $363.7 million
- Southern Company to sell certain Florida assets to NextEra Energy for $6.5 billion
- ArunA Biomedical issues $3.7 million of Common Stock in Reg D offering.
Rate : $$$$