Joanne Erde’s principal area of practice is in the healthcare industry. She concentrates on representing hospitals and other health care providers on Medicare and Medicaid payment, coverage and compliance issues.
In recent years she has represented healthcare providers across the country in cases before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board, state administrative agencies and the federal courts. She also advises clients in disputes with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service, Medicare fiscal intermediaries and state Medicaid programs regarding regulatory, compliance and false claim issues.
Admitted to practice in both Florida and New York, she is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the Health Law Sections of both the Florida Bar and the New York State Bar Association. She is a board certified healthcare lawyer.
- Advised a large nonprofit hospital system regarding the validity of affiliation agreements for purpose of receiving Medicare reimbursement for IME/GME.
- Obtained favorable resolution of application of Bad Debt Moratorium causing hospital to retain $6 million of bad debt reimbursement.
- Advised numerous hospitals regarding a variety of Medicare bad debt issues; litigated these issues as well.
- Successfully litigated various jurisdictional challenges regarding eligible Medicaid days for purpose of DSH.
- Obtained favorable resolution of hospitals failure to comply with distinct part unit rules.
- Advised numerous clients regarding obtaining and retaining provider based status.
- New York
- The Florida Bar – Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association – Health Law Section
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
Rate : $$$