Joanne B. Faycurry focuses her practice on a wide range of state and local taxation matters. Recognizing that every business faces state tax considerations and challenges, Joanne concentrates her state practice on tax controversy and litigation work, as well as on state tax planning. She is dedicated to helping her clients obtain considerable tax refunds and savings with respect to nearly every state and local tax levied in Michigan.
Clients ranging from small-business owners to Fortune 500 companies benefit from her in-depth knowledge of all state-levied taxes, including Michigan’s recently enacted corporate income tax and Michigan’s recently repealed Single Business Tax (SBT) and Michigan Business Tax (MBT); sales, use and withholding taxes; and individual income taxes. She represents clients in state and local tax matters throughout the United States.
In her local property tax practice, Joanne is focused on resolving real and personal property tax valuation/assessment disputes, exemption claims and special assessment disputes.
Joanne’s thorough understanding of valuation principles and the underlying legal issues of her clients’ valuation cases allows her to successfully represent them in real and personal property tax appeals.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of Michigan and Wayne State University, B.A., Economics, 1984
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, State and Local Taxes Committee
- American Bar Association, Business Activity Tax (BAT) Task Force Special Committee
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- International Women’s Forum, Michigan Chapter
- Litigation Counsel of America, Charter Fellow and Chair of Michigan Chapter
- State Bar of Michigan, Taxation Section, State and Local Tax Committee, Chairperson (1998-2000)
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property Law Section, State and Local Tax Committee, Chairperson (1995-2000)
State Bar of Michigan, Michigan Tax Conference Planning Task Force (2007-present)
Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Board of Trustees (2004-2011)
- Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan, Advisory Board Council Member (2012-present)
- Seeds of Peace, Michigan Chapter, Co-president (2001-2003)
- Women of Tomorrow, Michigan Chapter Advisory Board, Chairperson (2012-present)
- Michigan Board of Directors (2014-)
Rate : $$$