Joanne C. Lewers is vice chair of the firm’s Litigation Group and member of the Antitrust Group. In addition to advising on antitrust matters, she works on consumer protection and other complex matters.
Joanne represents clients involved in state and federal antitrust suits alleging conspiracy and monopolization claims. She also appears before the federal antitrust agencies on behalf of clients seeking antitrust clearance for their proposed mergers or acquisitions. She regularly offers clients antitrust compliance counseling in a range of settings.
Joanne has represented clients in a number of different industries, including food service, beverages, education, transportation equipment, industrial equipment, pharmaceuticals, health care, software, computer hardware, and other high-tech fields.
Joanne formerly served as the firm’s Hiring Partner and co-chair of the Antitrust Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Joanne was with the Federal Trade Commission where she investigated mergers and acquisitions in various industries, including pharmaceuticals and industrial equipment. While at the FTC, Joanne also served as an Assistant to the Director of the Bureau of Competition.
- A pharmaceutical company in a class action alleging a price-fixing conspiracy involving blood reagents.
- A pharmaceutical company in California state court case alleging pharmaceutical manufacturers engaged in conspiracy to fix prices of prescription drugs.
- A pharmaceutical company in various consumer protection and state false claims act cases brought by state attorneys general.
- A healthcare provider in a Sherman Act Section 2 case alleging monopolization claims in the provision of ambulance services.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- A beverage company’s acquisition of a provider of water and home & office delivery services.
- An electrical and digital building infrastructures company’s acquisitions of a data center solutions company and a specialty architectural lighting company.
- A private equity firm’s divestiture of a transportation equipment company.
- A computer hardware and software firm in various acquisitions of technology and service providers.
- A scientific equipment manufacturer’s acquisition of a high-performance measurement instruments manufacturer.
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1996
- Fairfield University, B.A., 1991
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Rate : $$$