Joanne Seltzer is Counsel in the Labor and Employment department of the New York Office of Seyfarth Shaw. Ms. Seltzer’s practice involves defending clients against both state and federal claims, and individual and class action suits in courts and in arbitral forums, including FINRA and the AAA.
She has also successfully defended clients before governmental agencies such as the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, against both individual and systemic claims. She has handled claims of discrimination and harassment and common law claims such as breach of contract and workplace torts.
Ms. Seltzer also routinely counsels clients on a variety of employment practices, aided by her years of experience as a Human Resources Director prior to becoming an attorney. She conducts employment training seminars, due diligence and Human Resources audits and internal investigations and frequently speaks on employment-related topics. Ms. Seltzer is fluent in Italian and conversant in French.
- J.D., Hofstra School of Law, with Distinction (1999)
- Articles Editor, Hofstra Law Review
- M.A., University of Connecticut at Storrs (1977)
- B.A., State University of New York (1975)
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association (Co-Chair Legislative Committee (2015 to present))
Rate : $$$$