Joaquin Hernandez practices in the area of intellectual property law assisting clients with patents and trademark procurement (domestic and foreign) as well as portfolio management and counseling in the electrical, computer, software and mechanical industries.
Mr. Hernandez also performs freedom-to-operate, design-around, infringement, and validity analyses. Prior to his legal career, Mr. Hernandez worked for more than a decade as an electrical engineer for a variety of technology firms in the telecommunications, defense, film, and consumer electronics industries.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.,cum laude, 2014
- Boston University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1996
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Duane Morris LLP, – Associate, 2017-present
- Faegre Baker Daniels, – Associate, 2014-2017
- OpenPeak, – Senior Firmware Engineer, 2008-2011
- DaVinci Systems – Firmware Engineer, 1999-2002
- Boston University, – Research Assistant, 1994-1996
Rate : $$$