Jocelyn D. Tau provides federal income tax advice to corporations, partnerships (including publicly traded partnerships or MLPs) and limited liability companies, primarily in the energy sector. Her practice emphasizes business transaction planning for capital formation, acquisition (including “dropdown” transactions) and recapitalization activities.
- Helps develop effective taxation strategies for clients in large, complex transactions.
- Advises corporations, partnerships (including publicly traded partnerships or master limited partnerships (MLP)) and limited liability companies, primarily in the energy sector, on U.S. federal income tax matters.
- Provided tax advice to a privately held E&P company in an equity capital raise from a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of certain strategic upstream and midstream energy assets.
- Advised the subsidiary of a Japanese oil and gas company on tax issues related to its acquisition of an equity interest in a subsidiary of a global commodities merchant.
- Advised a public Denver-based exploration and production company regarding tax issues related to the acquisition of another public Denver-based oil and gas company.
- Advised a Delaware corporation and its Canadian parent company, a dual-listed (NYSE/TSX) retail energy provider, regarding tax issues related to the acquisition of an energy monitoring and management company.
- Served as tax counsel to a multinational oil and gas company in its acquisition of an equity interest in the subsidiary of a global commodities merchant.
- Assisted underwriters in connection with a $450 million offering by an NYSE-listed midstream MLP in its 7.375% Series C Fixed-to-Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Units.
- Board of directors, Harvard University Club of Houston.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 2010
- A.B., Harvard University, 2007
Rate : $$$$