Jodi Laurence has represented clients in all areas of the health care industry, with particular emphasis on representing providers in health care transactions, providing regulatory guidance and assisting with general compliance matters.
Ms. Laurence has significant experience in all aspects of health law. With a primary focus on health care regulatory issues including corporate compliance and fraud and abuse, she also has experience in the formation and structuring of health care companies and providers, mergers and acquisitions, and contracting. Prior to Baker Donelson, Ms. Laurence served as general counsel for several large hospitals and health systems.
Ms. Laurence is a Florida Board Certified Health Law attorney, has organized and lectured at the Health Law Certification Review Course for more than 15 years, currently serves on The Florida Bar Health Law Section Executive Council and is an adjunct professor at University of Miami Law School where she teaches classes on Health Law including Fundamentals and Fraud and Abuse.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Florida, B.A., 1987
ADMISSIONS : Florida, 1990
- Represented a publicly traded company with structuring of transactions involving the purchase of pain management clinics including asset purchase transactions, equity transactions, joint ventures, employment agreements, joint venture operating agreements, medical director agreements and management agreements.
- Represented a regional health system in a dispute involving a minor and the discontinuation of life support.
- Provided transactional representation in connection with the purchase of a large psychiatric group practice including asset purchase agreements, equity transactions, due diligence reviews and advice regarding potential investments/financing including analysis of federal and state fraud and abuse issues, licensure, change of ownership (CHOW), and other regulatory considerations.
- Served as special health care counsel in a False Claims Act case against two international durable medical equipment manufacturers and multiple U.S. suppliers, where the government intervened.
- Represented publicly traded company providing ongoing assistance with operational and regulatory advice on health care issues and the drafting and negotiation of a wide variety of contracts, including physician related agreements, on a day-to-day basis.
- Represented a public health care system and reviewed and developed all agreements and provided day-to-day operational and regulatory advice on health care issues.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Adjunct Professor – Health Law, University of Miami Law School
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors – Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- Founding Member – Women Executive Leadership
- Member – The Florida Bar Health Law Section
- Member – Medical Group Management Association
- Member – Health Care Compliance Association
Rate : $$$