Jodi McDougall represents insurers in complex insurance coverage disputes and maritime matters. She enjoys working together with her clients to help them avoid and solve problems. Jodi has extensive experience defending bad faith claims. She primarily practices in Washington and Oregon, two venues that are notoriously difficult for insurers to operate.
She handles all types of coverage disputes including environmental, professional liability, maritime, and general liability. She has successfully litigated hundreds of cases, including two of the largest coverage cases in Washington state history. Jodi is serving her second term on the board of directors for Cozen O’Connor and has been the managing partner of the Seattle office for the past 13 years.
Jodi enjoys pro bono work and is involved in a wide array of matters. She recently obtained asylum for an African national based on persecution in his native country due to his sexual orientation. She has also represented asylum seekers who are fleeing their native country because of persecution for their democratic political beliefs.
Jodi has represented numerous Holocaust survivors and obtained reparations for them from the German government. She actively participates in the firm’s COVET project and has fought for veterans to obtain broader benefits. She is currently working with several women veterans to assist them in obtaining benefits for military sexual trauma that they have endured.
Jodi received her Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in 1989 from the University of Southern California, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She earned her law degree, cum laude, in 1992 from the Seattle University School of Law. She studied the Law of the Sea and International Law at Cambridge University in England. Prior to joining private practice, Jodi worked as a prosecutor in both King and Pierce counties.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1992
- University of Southern California, B.A., magna cum laude, 1989
BAR ADMISSIONS : Washington; Oregon
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Superior Court of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Washington
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Washington Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- American College of Coverage Counsel
- King County Bar Association
- Marine Insurance Association of Seattle
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Washington State Bar Association
Rate : $$$