Jodi A. Simala is Co-Chair of Mayer Brown’s M&A practice in the Americas. She represents sellers and buyers in connection with domestic and international stock and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, mergers, tender and exchange offers, consent solicitations, recapitalizations and reorganizations.
Jodi’s general corporate and securities practice includes representation of issuers and selling securityholders in connection with public and private sales of debt and equity securities.
She also counsels boards of directors and management regarding fiduciary duties, corporate governance and defensive measures, including stockholders’ rights plans and other matters, and she advises public companies regarding SEC reporting, compliance and disclosure issues.
Jodi is recognized as a leading M&A lawyer in Chambers USA (2012-2017). In November 2011, Jodi was selected by Law360, a leading industry publication, as one of the “Top 10 Female DealMakers” in M&A. The honorees “have helped complete some of the biggest deals in the business and established themselves as leaders in their field,” the publication said.
- Boston University
- BA/MA, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude
Admissions : Illinois
- Represented Capital One in connection with various matters, including its agreement to acquire ING Direct, the sale of assets of Hibernia Insurance and its acquisition of InsLogic Corporation.
- Represented Caesars Entertainment in connection with various matters, including its strategic alliance to develop a resort casino at Suffolk Downs in Boston, its joint venture to develop a casino in Baltimore and its agreement to acquire a gaming facility in Ohio.
- Represented Chemtura Corporation in various matters, including the sale of its Optical Monomers business with operations in the US, Italy, the Netherlands and France, its purchase of 46.5 percent of Baxenden Chemicals Limited and the sale of its Refined Products business, with operations in the US and Europe.
- Represented Yum Brands!, Inc. (KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut) in connection with its divestitures of Long John Silver’s and A&W restaurants.
- Represented the special committee of the Board of Directors of eLoyalty Corporation in connection with the investment by eLoyalty’s two principal stockholders in Series B preferred stock of eLoyalty, and the related rights offering to all stockholders.
- Represented company formerly known as Tenneco Inc. in connection with its spin-off of its automotive, packaging and shipbuilding business and subsequent merger with El Paso Energy.
Rate : $$$