Jody Bedenbaugh focuses his practice in the areas of banking, creditors’ rights, and bankruptcy. Mr. Bedenbaugh represents banks in connection with regulatory and compliance issues, vendor relationships and outsourcing, and transactional matters.
He regularly serves as outside counsel to banks on a wide variety of matters relating to bank operations and its customer relationships, including issues relating to deposit accounts, multi-party and survivorship disputes, powers of attorney, trusts and other fiduciary issues, and corporate investigations.
He also advises banks on account documentation for deposit accounts, lending, cash management and treasury services, electronic and mobile banking, and other consumer and commercial banking products.
In connection with his banking practice, Mr. Bedenbaugh defends banks and lender clients in state and federal court litigation involving bank operations and lender liability. In particular, he frequently handles cases involving check, wire and other bank account fraud and has experience with all aspects of Articles 3, 4 and 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code.
With respect to creditors’ rights in state court, Mr. Bedenbaugh has represented banks and other creditors in non-jury and jury matters, including obtaining jury verdicts in excess of $4 million.
He has handled post-judgment enforcement and supplementary proceedings, restraining orders in aid of judgment enforcement, registration of and motions to enforce foreign judgments, motions to appoint a receiver, and pre- and post-judgment attachment.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD, magna cum laude (2003)
- University of South Carolina, Honors College, BS, Business Administration, cum laude (1999)
Admissions : South Carolina
- Former President, Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Former Chair of Professional Division for the United Way Campaign (2005)
- Leadership Columbia (2007)
- Leadership South Carolina (2010)
- Co-chair, Richland County Bar’s Habitat for Humanity “Buildable Hours” service project (2013)
Rate : $$$$