Jody Rhodes focuses her practice on products liability and other complex business litigation. She has experience advising clients on a range of products, from medical devices to automotive products. Following law school, Jody served as a law clerk for the Honorable Keith Starrett in the US District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Jody served as program director and staff attorney for the Metro Atlanta Business Court. The Business Court accepts cases in Fulton and Gwinnett Counties involving contractual disputes with more than US$1 million in controversy or cases with issues arising under Georgia’s corporate code. In her role as staff attorney, she gained significant experience in contract disputes and business torts, including allegations of breach of fiduciary duties and tortious interference with business and contractual relations.
Jody is a board member and president of Georgia Shares, a workplace giving program that supports non-profits working for social justice.
- Registered Mediator, Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law 2009
- Recipient of the William K. Meadow Award, 2009
- Notes Editor, Georgia Law Review
- B.A., University of Georgia 2000
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$