Joe D’Andrea’s practice focuses on advising and defending employers in all aspects of labor and employment matters, including claims arising under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA and the Equal Pay Act. He advises clients regarding compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, and he has successfully defended employers from claims in state and federal courts, administrative agencies and arbitrations.
In addition to his labor and employment practice, Joe has significant experience in government relations, as well as in the restaurant/food-service industry. Prior to joining Squire Patton Boggs, Joe served as an assistant attorney general for the state of Ohio, where his practice focused on advising and defending several cabinet-level agencies, universities, boards and commissions in a variety of matters.
Joe also serves on the Section Counsel of the Ohio State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section and is a co-editor of its newsletter. In the community, Joe serves as a member of Nationwide Children’s Hospital Development Board and volunteers at various local community events.
- Capital University, J.D., cum laude, staff member, Capital University Law Review, 2013
- Ashland University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2009
Admissions : Ohio, 2013
- U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio
- Successfully defending an Ohio cabinet-level agency in Federal District Court and in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals from a multitude of claims arising under Title VII, the ADA and the ADEA.
- Serving as counsel in a negotiated resolution of a Department of Labor investigation regarding FLSA compliance.
- Successfully defending a state agency in multiple arbitrations following a reduction in force.
- Obtaining “no probable cause” determinations in various matters before the EEOC and Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
Rate : $$$