Joe W. Harper’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, with particular emphasis on defending corporations in lawsuits brought under the federal False Claims Act throughout the United States.
His experience includes leading internal investigations in response to Civil Investigative Demands and government agency subpoenas; persuading the Department of Justice to decline intervention in cases seeking billions of dollars in False Claims Act damages; defeating claims brought by the United States in government-intervened cases; and obtaining dismissals of qui tam suits prior to discovery.
Joe has experience representing defense contractors, health care entities and pharmaceutical companies, and has handled litigation involving environmental regulations. He is a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee and is active in the community.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of Cincinnati (B.S., 2001)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Sycamore Advisory Commission
- Cincinnati United
- United Way Emerging Leader
Rate : $$$$