Joe C. Holzer’s experience focuses on commercial litigation and trials in both state and federal trial and appellate courts. He represents clients in various complex matters, including securities fraud, derivative actions, fraud actions, contract disputes, patent infringement, intellectual property disputes, construction cases, and defective design and product cases.
Joe has significant first-chair experience in both jury and bench trials and binding arbitration.
He has tried over 30 jury trials, numerous bench trials and arbitrations. He also has handled appellate briefings and arguments, including some before the Texas Courts of Appeals, the Texas Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Joe has served as lead counsel in a variety of recent litigation. He has represented clients as:
- Officers of a public company sued for securities fraud
- A NASDAQ listed energy company in various matters
- The CEO of a NYSE company in a derivative action
- The manufacturers and sellers of computer programing devices for vehicles in
- patent infringement litigation
- Hedge fund sued for lender liability
- Lenders placing property in receivership
- Television stations
- Toyota forklift dealer on various matters
- Lime company enforcing a take or pay contract
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, Articles Editor, University of Houston Law Review, 1976
- BA, University of California at Los Angeles, 1973
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$