Joe O’Connor is a talented litigator specializing in class actions, mass torts, and insurance litigation. Joe has considerable experience litigating a wide range of matters in several different forums, including federal consumer products and ERISA class action litigation, international insurance arbitration, complex environmental insurance coverage litigation, and antitrust litigation.
Joe’s clients have included liability and health insurance companies, airlines, retailers, and a variety of other companies across different sectors.
During law school at Georgetown University Law Center, Joe practiced before the Federal Communications Commission as part of his clinical training with the Institute for Public Representation. Prior to law school, Joe worked as an assistant underwriter, managing aircraft insurance policies for an aviation insurance underwriting firm.
- Defending major manufacturer of sun care products in class actions alleging that the manufacturer misleadingly labeled its sunscreen products
- Defending the insurers in an environmental coverage action brought by Union Oil
- Defending a national health insurer against a federal class actions brought by medical providers challenging insurer’s overpayment recoupment practices under ERISA
- Defending large insurer and financial services company in international arbitration in Canada related to satellite insurance contracts
- Representing major domestic airline bringing federal antitrust action concerning airfare and ticket distribution practices
- Georgetown University, J.D.: cum laude; Dean’s List; Managing Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- University of San Diego, B.A., History: cum laude
Rate : $$$