Joe Pennell is a partner in the Technology Transactions and Corporate & Securities practices. Joe focuses his practice on digital and outsourced services transactions, including fintech, cloud computing, software licensing and implementation, and the outsourcing of finance and accounting services, IT infrastructure services and support, managed network services, application development and maintenance and facilities management.
Joe is a frequent author and speaker on topics such as the Internet of Things (IoT), robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, big data and outsourcing.
Joe is the Co-Chair of the ABA Section of Science and Technology Law’s Cloud Computing Committee and in 2015 Joe was named a “Rising Star” by the ABA’s Section of Science & Technology Law.
- Harvard Law School, JD, Senior Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Michigan State University, BS, with high honors, Electrical Engineering
Admissions : Illinois
- American Bar Association: Co-Chair, Cloud Computing Committee
- American Bar Association: Council Member, Section of Science & Technology Law
- Represented multiple clients in cloud computing contracts, including global HR data systems and various Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service engagements.
- Represented a Fortune 50 household and personal products company in re-negotiating a $2 billion IT infrastructure outsourcing agreement.
- Represented a Fortune 100 pharmaceuticals company in outsourcing finance and accounting and application development and maintenance functions.
- Represented a global bank in the negotiation of a Backup-as-a-Service agreement for backup and storage of bank data.
- Represented a food products company in re-sourcing finance and accounting functions from an incumbent outsourced service provider to a replacement service provider.
- Represented a major US retailer in the negotiation of a software license and services agreement for the implementation and maintenance of an enterprise pharmacy software system at over 1,500 pharmacy locations across the US.
- Represented a global food products company in connection with corporate credit card and travel services agreements, including with respect to associated software licensing issues.
- Represented a global bank in the negotiation of a transition services agreement relating to its $32B acquisition of various lending businesses from a global financial services firm.
- Represented a major automotive manufacturer in amending a strategic alliance agreement for delivery of various in-vehicle telematics services.
Rate : $$$