Joe Wyatt is a corporate lawyer who represents entrepreneurs and startup companies in complex business transactions throughout their lifecycle. For almost 20 years, he has advised startup and public company clients and investors in Silicon Valley and across the nation in a variety of transactions. His clients span the technology and biotech sectors—including AI, internet, mobile, e-commerce, social, software, consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices.
Mr. Wyatt’s practice focuses on startup company and general corporate counseling, and equity and debt financings for startup companies and sell- and buy-side mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Mr. Wyatt helps clients navigate the legal issues and business challenges they may encounter as they grow.
Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Mr. Wyatt was an associate in the Silicon Valley offices of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Mr. Wyatt is a graduate of UC Berkeley, where he works extensively with entrepreneur associations and incubators associated with the university. He regularly serves as a presenter, panelist and judge for organizations such as The [email protected], Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, Launch: The UC Berkeley Startup Competition and SkyDeck.
- Blue Apron Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of BN Ranch;
- Red Hat, Inc. in its acquisitions of 3Scale, Inc., Ancible, Inc., Gluster, Inc., Inktank Storage, Inc. and ManageIQ, Inc.;
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in its acquisition of the Alfa Aesar business from Johnson Matthey PLC; and
- numerous startup companies in their equity and debt financings.
- MBA, Santa Clara University, 1998
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law, 1998
- BA, History, University of California, Berkeley, 1993
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$