Joel F. Freedman represents public and private companies in the full range of their business and legal needs as well as institutional equity investors. As a former vice-president and general counsel of a public telecommunications provider, he approaches matters with a deep awareness and appreciation of the business priorities of operating companies from the client side of the relationship.
For operating companies, Joel focuses on public company reporting and compliance, governance matters, merger and acquisition activities, public and private equity and debt financings, and general legal advice.
Venture and growth capital investors rely on Joel’s counsel for matters ranging from evaluating and structuring initial investments through assisting with investment exits.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 1989
- BA (Economics), cum laude, Brandeis University, 1986
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1989
- Advised Wolverine World Wide, Inc., one of the world’s leading marketers of branded casual, active lifestyle, work, outdoor sport, athletic, children’s and uniform footwear and apparel, in general corporate matters, including SEC reporting and compliance.
- Advised Carter’s, Inc., a leading provider of children’s apparel, since 2001, including in its 144A issuance of senior notes, its IPO and secondary offering, its acquisition of public company OshKosh, and its acquisition of Bonnie Togs in Canada, as well as governance, compliance, and SEC reporting.
- Advised Nordion, Inc., formerly MDS, Inc., a global life sciences provider of products and services for the development of drugs and diagnosis and treatment of disease, in its acquisition by tender offer of public company Molecular Devices.
- Represented Boston Heart Diagnostics Corporation in its sale to Eurofins Scientific.
- Represented various lead investors including Cayuga Ventures, Hydra Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Providence Strategic Growth, Pfizer Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Pentland Group PLC and Binary Capital in early stage and growth equity investments in ObserveIT, SoCar, Hooklogic, Unikrn, Bindle Chat, eXperticity, GiveGab, Shulogique, Hireology, Apixio, Bitcoin Oppurtunity Corp., Hickies, Tracksmith, SnappApp, Task Rabbit, Reflexion, Palleon, Duck Duck Moose, Bellhops, BevSpot, Educents, Intrinsiq, Incodema3D, eXperticity and Remedy Partners.
Rate : $$$$