Joel T. May is a corporate lawyer with more than 17 years of experience. He has recently represented clients in more than $20 billion of domestic and international corporate financing transactions in the manufacturing, consumer products, chemical products, real estate, e-commerce, telecommunications, and information management industries.
These matters have included public equity and debt offerings, Rule 144A high yield offerings, private capital raisings, reorganizations, restructurings, recapitalizations, and other M&A transactions as well as counseling public companies and their boards of directors on a broad range of corporate governance and compliance matters. Joel is the Hiring Partner for Jones Day’s Atlanta Office.
Joel joined the Atlanta Office in 2012 after spending the first part of his career in Jones Day’s Chicago Office. His notable clients include AGNC Investment Corp., Asbury Automotive Group, Axiall Corporation, Birch Communications, Digital Management, Exide Technologies, Flowers Foods, HD Supply, Kraft Heinz Company, Milliken & Company, Newell Brands, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan, Rayonier, Randstad Holdings, Roper Technologies, and Southern Company.
Joel has been recognized as a leading lawyer by The Legal 500 United States. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia.
- Indiana University (J.D. cum laude 2000; Executive Notes and Comments Editor, Law Review); Valparaiso University (B.A. summa cum laude 1997)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia and Illinois
- Newell Rubbermaid issues $8 billion in Senior Notes offering
- Newell Brands completes €271 million exchange offer and $295 million exchange offer
- The Southern Company issues $8.5 billion Senior Notes in public offering
- Potash Corporation issues $500 million of 3.000% Notes in public offering
- Potash Corporation issues $750 million of 3.625% Notes in public offering
- Potash Corporation completes take-down public offering of $500 million of Notes
- Axiall issues $688 million of Senior Notes in Rule 144A and Regulation S offering
Rate : $$$$