With more than 35 years of experience in pension fund, real estate and corporate law, Mr. Joel D. Rubin provides strategic planning and legal advice to public and private pension funds, their investment advisors, foreign investors, REITs and developers regarding real estate investments throughout the United States. He has extensive experience in organizing and planning co-investments, joint ventures and REITs; acquiring and disposing of income-producing properties; and financing developments and re-developments.
Mr. Rubin, also, has significant experience in advising clients regarding the fiduciary responsibilities of funds and their advisors and acts as legal counselor to businesses in a variety of areas, including river boat and Indian gaming. He is a business person’s lawyer, acting as the point person in advising and managing the business/legal process, including litigation, for clients.
Among his representative engagements, he:
- Leads the firm’s representation of major public and private pension funds, pension fund advisors and developers with significant involvement in their investment activities.
- Was involved in the largest industrial property transactions of 2012 and 2013 according to Real Estate Alert
- Has been involved in the establishment of pooled fund vehicles for investments in United States and foreign real estate and other assets such as junk bonds and mezzanine loans, either representing the sponsor or one of the lead investors.
- Negotiated joint ventures on behalf of both institutions and developers for investment in real estate.
- Negotiated the co-investment vehicles between major institutional investors.
- Currently serves as Chairman of the Governmental Affairs Committee of the Pension Real Estate Association.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law (1968)
- B.S., University of Pennsylvania (1965)
- Chicago Bar Association
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- National Association of Pension Plan Attorneys
- Pension Real Estate Association (Chairman, Government Affairs Committee)
- The Economic Club of Chicago
Rate : $$$