Joel Thomason is a senior counsel in the Austin office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice on commercial and business litigation. Joel has broad litigation experience representing clients in a variety of disputes related to mortgage lending practices, state and federal fair debt collection practices, mortgage banking and servicing, consumer protection, breach of contract, fraud, and labor & employment issues.
Joel has also advised health care entities on a variety of regulatory and transactional matters, including issues relating to the Medicare and Medicaid programs; federal fraud and abuse laws; the Affordable Care Act; the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); and compliance.
Professional History :
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Deputy Director, AP Arts & Music Incentive Program, O’Donnell Foundation
- J.D., with high honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2014
- M.B.A., University of Missouri, 2007
- B.A., Communication with Honors, summa cum laude, University of Missouri, 2005
Admissions : Texas, 2014; Missouri, 2018; Kansas, 2019
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
Rate : $$$