Johanna Dennehy represents corporations and individuals in complex commercial disputes. She has litigated before a variety of federal and state courts and arbitral panels, and is experienced in handling multi-jurisdictional, cross-border disputes.
Johanna has an active federal appellate practice that includes counseling clients in the energy and transportation fields regarding issues of ripeness, standing, and federal preemption. Her recent representations include briefing and arguing an ongoing appeal of an administrative penalty before the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit.
Johanna also maintains a busy pro bono practice. She recently contributed to amicus briefs filed with the US Supreme Court and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. She has obtained favorable outcomes for low-income tenants in eviction proceedings before the DC Superior Court.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2012, cum laude; Certificate of Merit in Administrative Law; Notes Editor, Michigan Law Review
- B.A., Georgetown University, 2005, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$