John DiLorenzo’s practice emphasizes change. Even if the law does not support a client’s position, there may be good policy reasons to support change. John’s practice designs and implements strategies to change the law by lobbying legislative and executive branch officials, initiating administrative rulemaking, or litigating to clarify what the law means.
John has authored and been a primary advocate for major legislation in the areas of state and local taxation, tort reform, natural resources, and economic development. John also assists clients in campaign finance, government ethics, initiatives and referendums, insurance recovery actions, environmental claim responses, appellate cases, and a variety of government-related litigation matters.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Oregon Law Commission (appointed by Oregon Senate President)
- Past Chair, Government Affairs Practice Group, Lex Mundi, 2009-2011
- Board of Directors, Arlington Club, 1999-2001
- Board of Directors, University Club of Portland, 1993, 1997
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law, 1980
- B.S., Economics, Willamette University, 1977, cum laude
Rate : $$$$