Mr. John Sherrill is a retired partner in Seyfarth Shaw’s Atlanta Litigation Department. He has 42 years of experience representing clients in resolving all types of civil disputes, including real estate, zoning and land-use, construction related cases, directors and officers liability, personal injury and product liability cases, and general commercial, contract and corporate disputes through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation at the trial and appellate levels in federal and state courts.
Mr. Sherrill also has extensive experience as an ADR neutral and as an advocate representing clients in all types of ADR forums. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Atlanta International Arbitration Society (ATLAS) , where Seyfarth Shaw is a founding member of the organization. He has been a member of the American Arbitration Association’s (AAA) Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators since 1986 and is a member of AAA’s Large Complex Case Program and the International Panel of the AAA International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
He is also a member of the Roster of Distinguished Neutrals of the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution, and the North American Panel of the International Court of Arbitration. Mr. Sherrill served as a member of the AAA/U.S. Olympic Committee Arbitration Panels for the 1996 (Atlanta), 1998 (Nagano), 2000 (Sydney) and 2004 (Athens) Olympic games.
He also has experience as an administrative law judge, serving as Chief Hearing Officer for the Georgia Real Estate Commission and as Chairman of the State Health Planning Review Board, and as a special master appointed by a number of state and federal courts and agencies.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law (1972)
- Member of Editorial Board of Duke Law Journal
- A.B., University of North Carolina (1963)
- Morehead Scholar
- NROTC Scholar (LCDR, USNR – Naval Aviator from 1963 – 1969)
- American Bar Association (Litigation and Dispute Resolution Sections-Chair DR Section CLE Committee 2007-2013 – Member, Governing Council of Section 2009-2013)
- Georgia Bar Association (Litigation and DR Sections-Chair DR Section, 2010; Executive Committee 2011-2013)
- Georgia Arbitrators Forum (Fellow and Founding Member – President 2010)
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators (Fellow – Board of Directors 2012 – 2013)
Rate : $$$