John Yanchunis was born in Ohio and was raised on military bases around the world by parents who had both served in the military. Upon graduation from law school, John served as a law clerk for the Honorable Carl O. Bue, Jr., a United States District Judge in Houston, Texas.
Upon the completion of a two year clerkship, Mr. Yanchunis began his career as a trial lawyer. John has handled a diverse size of complex consumer and commercial disputes, and for the last 13 years he had focused his practice on consumer class action litigation and false claims.
He has served as co-lead counsel in the successful prosecution of the two largest class action cases in the United States, Fresco vs. Automotive Directions, Inc., Case No. 03-61063-JEM et al; and Fresco vs. R.L. Polk Case 0:07-cv-60695-JEM (Southern District of Florida), and served as lead, co-lead or class counsel in numerous other consumer class actions.
- The Florida Bar – 1981
- The State Bar of Texas – 1980
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern, Northern and Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court, Middle and District of Florida
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court of Connecticut
- United States District Court of Colorado
- The Florida Board of Bar Examiners, Member, 1997 to 2002 – Presently an Emeritus Member
- Supreme Court’s Judicial Management Council, Member, 2008 to Present
- Consumer Protection Law Committee, Member, 2009 to Present
Rate : $$$