John E. Alessi focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Alessi has significant experience representing public and private companies in matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, and capital markets.
He regularly represents clients from the technology and life sciences sectors, across a range of jurisdictions. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Alessi was an attorney in the Boston office of an international law firm.
- Duke University, B.A., 1996
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2003
- New York
- Biogen, Inc., in its spin-off of Bioverativ Inc., with an initial market capitalization of approximately $4.8 billion.
- Citrix Systems, Inc., in its spin-off and sale of its “GoTo” software business to LogMeIn, Inc., valued at approximately $1.8 billion.
- IntraLinks Holdings, Inc., in its auction and sale process resulting in a sale to Synchronoss Technologies, Inc., valued at approximately $821 million.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc., in its acquisition of clinical program asset from a German private biopharmaceutical company in a transaction worth up to $470 million.
- Broadcom Corporation in its $165 million acquisition of a modem-related division of Japanese semiconductor manufacturer Renesas Electronics.
- Spectrum Brands, Inc., in a refinancing through a negotiated chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring, including a recapitalization of approximately $800 million in subordinated indebtedness.
- The RMR Group, Inc., in its public offering by way of a distribution through its public shareholders.
- GSI Commerce, Inc., in its purchase of e-mail marketing software company e-Dialog, Inc., for $157 million.
Rate : $$$$