In his routine representation of publicly traded and portfolio company borrowers, John Badman, IV strives to understand each client’s goals and achieve them. Focusing on commercial borrowing and lending, John represents borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured term, revolving and bridge loan facilities.
He works regularly on large facility borrowings, portfolio company acquisitions or refinancings and with inquiries regarding routine loan administration, including ongoing compliance inquiries, waivers, amendments and consents.
John has provided hundreds of hours of pro bono service, including consistent work with the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project’s Screening Committee reviewing cases of prisoners maintaining their innocence.
- Routinely represents middle market private equity clients in portfolio company acquisitions and refinancings, often structured with senior borrowing and mezzanine debt.
- Represented publicly traded energy company in a $775 million term and revolving facility in connection with an acquisition.
- Represented publicly traded lawn and garden products and services provider in a $2.3 billion secured multi-currency term and revolving facility.
- Represented publicly traded global security service borrower in a $1.5 billion senior secured multi-currency facility.
- Represented publicly traded medical device distributions company in an unsecured $850 million term and revolving facility.
- Represented publicly traded diversified telecommunications holding company in a $960 million senior secured financing, the proceeds of which were used to acquire a publicly traded provider of wireless communications services.
- Represented publicly traded used car dealer in connection with the issuance of $500 million of senior unsecured notes in a 4(a)(2) private placement.
- Represented public company borrower in a $200 million revolving credit and $250 million term facility.
- Represented public company borrower in + $1 billion credit facility.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2015
- BS, Economics, Trinity College, 2010
- BA, American Studies, Trinity College, 2010
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP – Richmond Office Pro Bono Committee
Rate : $$$$