John L. Barber is a partner in the Los Angeles and Orange County offices of Lewis Brisbois, Co-Chair of the Labor & Employment Practice, and a member of the firm’s Management Committee. His practice is dedicated exclusively to representing and counseling employers in employment-related matters, including litigation, appeals, risk management, policy preparation, and training.
He represents employers in State and Federal Courts, both in California and across the United States, and has extensive experience appearing before all state and federal employment-related agencies, including the California DFEH, DLSE, and EDD, and United States EEOC, and Department of Labor.
Mr. Barber’s practice has a particular emphasis, in addition to single-party discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination actions, on wage-and-hour class action litigation. He has defended dozens of class actions, and has specifically defeated Motions for Class Certification. Mr. Barber also serves as one of the principal, lead trial attorneys in the Practice Group, with numerous successful verdicts.
Mr. Barber served on the California State Bar’s Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section (2008 – 2013) and was an advisor to that committee for years. He was a member of the Judicial Appointments Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar (2009-2014) and is currently a member of the Los Angeles County Bar’s Judicial Election Evaluation Committee (2012-present). He also lectures and writes extensively.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA, Juris Doctor, 1992
- Westminster College, Fulton, MO, Bachelor of Arts, 1989
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- California State Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- OC Sheriff’s Drug Use is Life Abuse, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$