Pillsbury Global Sourcing & Technology Transactions partner John L. Barton has advised high-profile clients worldwide on precedent-setting, multibillion-dollar IT and BPO outsourcing deals. John counsels global industry leaders on complex commercial and legal issues that arise in sourcing and technology transactions.
He negotiates major transactions involving SaaS, BPaaS and cloud-based contracts; IT and business process outsourcing; enterprise software licenses; managed network services; and facilities management outsourcing. John also advises banks, merchants, payment processors and card networks on a wide range of payments industry issues and transactions.
These representations include card processing and production transactions; corporate card programs; merchant acquiring and referral arrangements; BIN/ICA sponsorship; data use rights and products; and PCI and regulatory compliance. John has negotiated large transactions for clients such as :
- American Express
- Zions Bancorporation
- Numerous Blue Cross Blue Shield entities
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised EmblemHealth and HealthNet on the first two multibillion-dollar business-process-as-a-service (BPaaS) transactions with Cognizant following its acquisition of Trizetto’s FACETs platform.
- Assisted Zions Bancorporation in renegotiating strategic payment card processing and production transactions with First Data Corporation in support of their card-issuing businesses.
- Advising a large investment bank on a global facilities management outsourcing transaction involving $150 million in annual spend across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1999
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1995
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, California, Texas.
Rate : $$$