John P. Berkery is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice. He represents underwriters, issuers and selling stockholders in a wide range of capital markets transactions, including registered public offerings, private placements, leveraged buyouts, restructurings and liability management transactions.
He is experienced in a broad spectrum of securities products, ranging from high-yield to investment-grade debt securities and from simple common equity to complicated convertible debt and other hybrid and equity-linked securities.
His practice also includes assisting clients with their on going reporting obligations, corporate governance requirements and other compliance issues arising under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the NYSE and NASDAQ, as well as general corporate law matters.
- Emory University School of Law, JD
- Le Moyne College, BA
- New Jersey
- New York
Activities : New York Bar Association
- $2.1 billion of 5% Senior Notes due 2024 and 5.24% Senior Notes due 2026 by subsidiaries of YUM! Brands, Inc. Represented YUM! Brands, Inc.
- $300 million of 6.00% Senior Notes due 2022 by AES Panamá, S.R.L. Represented Deutsche Bank Securities and Banco General, as joint lead and bookrunning managers.
- $350 million of 6.625% Senior Notes due 2019 (Rule 144A/Reg S) by Ocwen Financial Corporation. Represented Ocwen Financial Corporation.
- $530 million of Extendible PIK Step-up Notes (Section 4(a)(2) private placement) by Carrington Holding Company. Represented Carrington Holding Company.
- $350 million 8.875% Senior Subordinated Notes due 2020 (Rule 144/Reg S offering) by Isle of Capri Casinos. Represented Isle of Capri Casinos.
- $750 million Senior Notes offering (public) by CME Group, Inc. Represented Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Wells Fargo Securities and other underwriters.
- Stanley, Inc., $820 million initial public offering. Represented Citigroup and other underwriters.
- Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc.,,$70 million initial public offering. Represented Merrill Lynch & Co., J.P. Morgan and other underwriters.
- $200 million Convertible Senior Notes offering (Rule 144A/Reg S) by Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Merrill Lynch & Co. and J.P. Morgan.
- Represented Azur Pharma plc in connection with its acquisition by Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. pursuant to a reverse merger and its subsequent SEC registration and listing on the NYSE.
Rate : $$$