John T. Brooks is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Mr. Brooks defends insurance companies, health care service plans, retailers, and other consumer-facing clients in individual and class actions at both the trial and appellate level in California and across the country.
Mr. Brooks has a track record of success in complex, high-stakes disputes including unfair business practices, first-party and third-party insurance bad faith and coverage, antitrust, and false advertising.
Mr. Brooks has substantial first-chair trial experience, and as an appellate lawyer has won numerous published opinions in state and federal appellate courts and the California Supreme Court. Mr. Brooks is an elected member of the California Academy of Appellate Lawyers.
Mr. Brooks is also a contributing editor for the Rutter Group’s California Practice Guide: Insurance Litigation. Mr. Brooks is also three-time recipient of the California State Bar’s Wiley W. Manuel for outstanding pro bono legal services and improving access to justice.
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1993, with distinction
- B.A., Stanford University, 1988, Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions : California
- California Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- Board of Governors 2004-2007, Editor-in-Chief of ABTL Report 2000-2004, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- San Diego County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$