John E. Buehner is a partner in the Real Estate practice at Troutman Sanders LLP, and his practice focuses principally in the areas of commercial real estate finance, development and leasing. He represents clients involved in the acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of office, retail, aviation and energy-related projects.
He also represents both borrowers and institutional lenders in the documentation and closing of credit facilities secured by real property with respect to energy and utility projects, shopping centers, office buildings, hotels and apartment complexes.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1993
- Wabash College, B.A., summa cum laude, 1990
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia, Virginia
Professional and Community Involvement :
- State Bar of Georgia (Real Property Law Section)
- Virginia State Bar (Real Property Law Section)
Representative Matters :
- Represented a real estate fund in connection with the $250 million acquisition a multi-building office complex in Atlanta, Georgia, including closing the financing for the acquisition and redevelopment of the project.
- Represented a Miami-based real estate company in all legal aspects related to the leasing and management of its office building portfolio in the Atlanta area, including the drafting and negotiation of lease agreements.
- Represented a real estate company in connection with the financing of acquisition and redevelopment costs for office buildings in Chicago, Maryland and Northern Virginia, including the negotiation of loan documents with capital markets and CMBS lenders.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust in all legal aspects related to its development and management of several medical office buildings in the Atlanta area, including the drafting and negotiation of lease agreements with hospital tenants and physicians.
- Represented a Florida utility company in connection with its development of solar facilities and wind turbine facilities in Georgia, including options for leasehold and fee acquisitions.
- Represented the subsidiaries of a renewable energy company in connection with the real estate aspects related to obtaining tax equity financing for solar and wind facilities in California, Texas and Oklahoma.
Rate : $$$