As a litigator with more than 30 years of experience, John H. Burtch is a trusted advocate focused on products liability litigation, medical malpractice defense and the representation of trade associations.
Concentrating his practice in these niche areas, John is one of the foremost authorities in the representation of trade associations, speaking regularly at trade association meetings on subjects ranging from antitrust and tax implications affecting trade associations to professional standards and arbitration.
- Defended a national, state and local trade association in several complex antitrust cases brought by private litigants and state and federal agencies. Involved in all aspects of trade association representation, from general business matters to education and professional standards.
- Defended major manufacturers of asbestos-containing products in several lawsuits. Also involved in products liability cases in the medical, pharmaceutical and engineering fields.
- Served as counsel to Fairfield County District Library and Pickerington Public Library in an LLGSF appeal to the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals regarding participation by Wagnell’s Library.
- Served as counsel to Montpelier Public Library in an appeal to the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals regarding a dispute with Bryan County Public Library over an LLGSF decision.
- Represented Upper Arlington Public Library (UAPL) in a negotiation with the other six library systems in Franklin County in formulating a multiyear agreement to divide LLGSF monies coming to the county.
- Ohio Library Council Board: Director (2003 to 2008)
- Ohio Library Council: Vice President (2003)
- Upper Arlington Public Library: Trustee (1998 to 2014)
- UAPL Foundation: Director (1996 to 2010)
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 1974, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Denison University, 1970
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$