John W. Busch approaches his privacy and data protection practice with the scrutiny and intellect required of the rapidly evolving cybersecurity field. Comfortable at the intersection of cybersecurity, compliance and litigation, John advises clients on issues ranging from information governance to data breach incident response.
- Regularly provides representation handling cybersecurity incidents, including the navigation of state, federal and international breach notification laws.
- Litigated the dismissal of a putative class action cybersecurity lawsuit involving a hospital system that experienced an alleged data breach.
- Extensive experience advocating for corporations and individual clients as lead associate in both state and federal court, providing counsel at all phases of litigation and trial.
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Community : Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer
- J.D., Baylor Law School, 2014; Baylor Law Review, Articles Editor; Baylor Law Order of the Barristers
- B.B.A., Texas A&M University, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$