John R. Callcott represents businesses in commercial, workplace accident, construction and employment related lawsuits. His litigation practice includes breach of contract, tort, fraud, construction and employment claims. In the collective bargaining context, Mr. Callcott represents management in the grievance process, including arbitration.
He also advises clients regarding the structuring and implementation of policies and procedures to foster compliance with various statutory and regulatory frameworks.
In relation to workplace safety, Mr. Callcott assists energy, manufacturing, chemical and other companies regarding claims arising from serious industrial accidents. Events of this type give rise to many issues, including interactions with regulatory agencies, potential breach of contract, indemnification and related matters and construction and personal injury claims.
As part of this practice, Mr. Callcott represents management in interactions with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including inspections, investigations, and enforcement actions. He chairs the firm’s Workplace Safety Team.
Mr. Callcott works with a wide variety of businesses, including the oil and gas industry, manufacturing, retail, construction, coal, the chemical industry, transportation, health care and banking.
- Defended numerous serious industrial accident claims in the oil and gas, manufacturing, coal, chemical and other industries, involving allegations of wrongful death and premises liability
- Represented contractor in construction dispute regarding a wind farm project, including 30 day arbitration and post arbitration proceedings
- Represented businesses in numerous commercial disputes, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, business valuation and tortious interference with contract
- Defended numerous employers against claims of age, race, national origin, sex, and disability discrimination
- J.D. Vanderbilt University
- B.A. Indiana University
- American Bar Association – Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee
- Buckeye Service Transmission Exploration & Production Safety Network (Executive Board Member – 2016)
- West Virginia Oil & Natural Gas Association
- The Shack Neighborhood House (Past President and Board Member)
Rate : $$$