John P. Campo is a veteran bankruptcy practitioner with a focus on Chapter 11 and large, complex Chapter 7 proceedings, as well as out-of-court workouts. With extensive experience in both the litigation, and the corporate and transactional sides of bankruptcy matters, John represents debtors, trustees, creditors, equity holders, and asset purchasers.
John has served as either the operating Chapter 11 trustee or attorney for the trustee in cases in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, including representing the Chapter 11 trustee in In re: Maywood Capital Corp. et al., a multidebtor proceeding involving a $200 million real estate Ponzi scheme. He has served as the lead lawyer in numerous reported circuit court, district court, and bankruptcy court decisions.
- J.D., University of Miami, 1980, cum laude
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1976
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$$