John Daniel Carroll is a partner in the Antitrust practice in the Washington, D.C., office of King & Spalding. His practice focuses on civil and criminal antitrust matters, including mergers & acquisitions, strategic counseling and compliance, and global cartel investigations, where he represents clients before the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, Federal Trade Commission, and international and state antitrust enforcement authorities.
John joined King & Spalding in 2011 after spending three years in the antitrust group at Ropes & Gray. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, he was a staff attorney for several years in the Mergers I Division of the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition.
While with the FTC, he investigated, challenged, and negotiated settlements in a number of potentially anti-competitive business combinations in the technology, consumer products, defense, healthcare, and pharmaceutical industries and received an Award for Meritorious Servicefor work on merger litigation.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Vice-Chair, Books & Treatises Committee, ABA Section of Antitrust Law
- Social Media Chair, American Health Lawyers Association Antitrust Practice Group
- Contributing Editor, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals Committee: Recent Developments
- Co-Editor, Health Care & Pharmaceutical Sections, Antitrust Law Developments
- J.D., George Washington University
- B.A., University of Michigan
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
Rate : $$$$