Jack M. (Jack) Creedon represents real estate private equity funds, hedge funds, REITs, university endowments and other institutional investors in a wide variety of real estate transactional matters, including joint ventures and co-investments, distressed debt purchases and debt restructurings, complex acquisitions and dispositions, financing, leasing (including sale-leasebacks) and ground-up development.
Jack was named as one of Real Estate Forum’s 50 Under 40, is ranked in Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America and The Legal 500 and has twice been named aLaw360 Rising Star. Clients describe Jack as “a sharp young guy who’s a very knowledgeable and creative real estate transaction lawyer” and laud Jack for the “unique set of knowledge he brings to deals” and praise his approach as “very responsive,” “very practical” and “very helpful.” (Chambers USA)
Jack has experience both domestically and internationally and has represented clients in transactions in Europe, Asia and throughout the United States. Jack also works with Pine Street Inn, a national leader in the fight to end homelessness, on various real estate pro bonomatters.
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2004
- BS (Economics), magna cum laude, Boston College, 2001
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2004
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
Experience : Jack has represented many of the world’s leading real estate private equity and hedge fund sponsors and other investors, including:
- A private equity firm in its $565 million acquisition of Bob Evans Restaurants which included 500 owned and leased restaurants in 18 states.
- One of the world’s leading private equity sponsors in connection with the $1.8 billion sale of a portfolio of acute care hospitals located throughout the U.S., including the negotiation of a $1.4 billion sale-leaseback and mortgage financing with a public REIT that provided buyer financing for the transaction.
- Institutional investor in a joint venture to acquire more than 20 hotels located across the Northeast with a total purchase price of over $360 million. Representation included the negotiation of the joint venture agreements, financing documents, and all hotel management, lease and franchise agreements.
- A private equity investor in connection with a $500 million mortgage loan to Sears Holding Corporation secured by 24 owned real estate assets located throughout the U.S.
- The distressed investment division of one of the world’s largest private equity firms in a series of fast-paced acquisitions of more than 1,000 individual and pooled non-performing loans and foreclosed commercial properties throughout the U.S., with an aggregate value of over $1.5 billion.
- A collection of publicly traded REITs in a series of acquisitions of large Class A commercial, medical and government office buildings totaling several million square feet across the U.S., and with a total acquisition value in excess of $500 million.
Rate : $$$