John P. Curp devotes his practice to serving his clients. He has earned experience by working with clients to plan sophisticated business and government transactions and to guide those deals to completion.
John is also an experienced litigator with recognized dispute resolution skills. He is an active practitioner in state and federal courts and has an extensive administrative law practice before national, state, and local government agencies.
Before joining Blank Rome, John served as City Solicitor for the City of Cincinnati, Ohio. In this role, he served as Chief Legal Officer and Chief Prosecutor for the city, and advised the Mayor, City Council, and more than 20 operational departments, boards, and commissions.
John has served as a board member of numerous organizations within his community, including the following:
- Commissioner – Ohio Public Defender Commission (Appointed by Ohio Governor John Kasich)
- Ohio State Victims Assistance Advisory Board (Appointed by Ohio Attorney Generals Richard Cordray and Mike Dewine)
- Prevention Action Alliance, President of the Board of Directors
- Greater Cincinnati Minority Counsel Program
- The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Lead business counsel for the City of Cincinnati in the 63-acre, $2 billion development of “The Banks” and Smale Riverfront Park, as part of Cincinnati’s revitalization of the Central Riverfront District.
- Lead litigation counsel for the first-in-the-nation federal court settlement of Cincinnati’s “Occupy” movement.
- Lead business and litigation counsel for the City of Cincinnati in complex, tax-exempt financing to privatize municipal parking operations.
- Lead counsel in the successful authorization, funding, and contracting through initial construction of the $148 million Cincinnati Streetcar project.
- Lead counsel defending multi-million dollar liability claims against Cincinnati’s municipal pension fund.
- Miami University, BS, cum laude
- Indiana University School of Law-Bloomington, JD
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$