John P. Dearie has over twenty-five years experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, including service as U.S. regulatory counsel and tax advisor for numerous overseas insurers in Bermuda, England, Finland, France, Germany and Switzerland.
He is a member of various advisory committees to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and state insurance departments and has testified at hearings on National Association of Insurance Commissioners Model Acts and proposed state insurance regulations.
Representative Experience :
- Assisted in the development of insurance legislation in several states and can point to significant regulatory achievements on behalf of his clients, including recognition of the ILU for reinsurance accreditation and surplus lines approval.
- Serves as a legal advisor to many sectors of the financial services industry, particularly in the areas of surplus lines, reinsurance trusts and letters of credit.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1978
- B.S., Georgetown University, 1972
Admissions : New York, 1979; Connecticut
Rate : $$$$