John W. Drury is Senior Counsel in the Labor & Employment Practice Group in Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Chicago office. Mr. Drury specializes in all aspects of employment defense including litigation and counseling. Mr. Drury’s employment litigation practice includes single-plaintiff and class action employment discrimination and harassment cases in state and federal courts across the country.
Mr. Drury frequently defends employers in state and federal court cases involving allegations of sex, race and national origin discrimination, retaliation and harassment under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and state laws, allegations of discrimination, retaliation and reasonable accommodation issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), allegations of age discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and claims under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Mr. Drury also has significant experience defending employers against claims of defamation and other tort-based common law claims.
Mr. Drury has a special emphasis on the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state laws addressing background screening. He has significant experience representing employers and providers (consumer reporting agencies and resellers) of background information in single-plaintiff and class action claims brought under the FCRA.
In addition, Mr. Drury frequently counsels employers and providers on compliance requirements under the FCRA and related state laws. Mr. Drury has argued cases in the Seventh Circuit and in federal district courts and state courts.
- B.A., Marquette University (2001)
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law (2004)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$$